Thursday, March 18, 2010

Vacation

I wish this blog were to announce an upcoming vacation or show off pictures from one I just returned from, but, alas, it is simply to say that Nate was tempting me to take off right now and go to Vegas for the weekend. I think of my pre-married life when I would already be packed and walking out the car. Instead I am thinking of my meeting tomorrow morning, a wedding to attend on Saturday and a lesson to teach to some 8-year-olds on Sunday. My ex-boyfriend used to call me Sponty (short for spontaneous). And then the mission happened and planning got implanted in my brain and now I'm only spontaneous when I can plan to be. LAME SAUCE.

Speaking of planned spontaneity...




It's Festival of Colors time again!!! I almost wish I could skip this weekend and go to March 27th. I LOVE the Festival of Colors. The picture above is from the first time I went in 2008. This is a picture from last year:
What better way to celebrate the coming of Spring than by throwing colored powders at each other in a large, chaotic mess? I wouldn't miss this for the world. The night before we're also going to my first Indian American Pow-Wow. So hopefully we'll have all sorts of fun stories to tell. Okay, so maybe planned spontaneity isn't so bad. And you know what, there's plenty of fun stuff to do around here anyway.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

The pow-wow sounds intriguing, but I am happy to see the Festival of Colors through your photojournaling. Call me prim, but it just seems so messy--and how do you breathe?

kris said...

I really want to go to festival of colors. I will have to talk Jake into driving down there next weekend.