Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eclipse Review


This is my official review of eclipse: While I still find the obsessive relationships extremely disturbing, at least they had cool fight scenes and everyone looked better than in the first movie (I didn't see the second one).

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Twilight, I definitely don't hold it against anyone. I see it as equal to my obsession with "The Office." I like overdoses of awkward humor, others like overdoses of vampire romance. I'm cool with that.

I did however go to the midnight screening because I think the midnight screening of anything is cool. And the people that invited me to go are super cool and I never see them so lack of sleep was little sacrifice to see them again. Anyway, the midnight screening was awesome because of the range of fandom that appears. It had "camped out all day and wore matching twilight shirts" group, the "We made our Team Edward/Team Jacob shirts and we're going to hold shouting matches against people with Team Jacob/Team Edward shirts" clan, the "I'm fifteen, dressed like a vamp, and think I'm going to find a really cute guy in this crowd of women who will sweep me away like a spider monkey" trio, and the "We're dressed as wizards cuz we're really here for the Deathly Hallows preview" bunch. As you can imagine, my sarcastic friends and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

And as I said, the movie wasn't that bad.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

hahaha sweep me away like a spider monkey. You are more tolerant than me--I am dead set against Twilight. Barf-a-rama

Trish said...

Hey thanks! Whenever I end up seeing it, I'll try to think to myself "this is going to be horrible" and then I'll hopefully conclude with "it wasn't that bad"! I feel less desirable to go see it now since the last one my body was in the early stages of labor. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised too!

frenchessential said...

hahah, gosh i love you! i am so with you on all of that! besides the yelling matches with the wierdies--but hey! to each their own;D hehe. LOVE you!!!