Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pre-4-month check-up update(?)


Giddy's done a lot of growing this last month as he draws closer to 4 months. He's sooooo big! He's laughing and shrieking now, especially when he's swinging or bouncing. He's started gripping onto toys really tightly and loves looking at himself in the mirror (and who could blame him?). He's put on a lot of weight which is good and healthy, but now he has to re-learn how to roll. He stands really well, though with just a little bit of help with balance. AND he loves to dance to hip-hop. I've tried country and classical, but he really responds to a little bit of Jason DeRulo.
The day before Easter we went to my grandparents' house and celebrated mine and grandma's birthday and the holiday all at once. Giddy had a really cute outfit that said, "Somebunny Love Me" that my mom bought him.
This is Giddy's first Easter basket. There wasn't any candy, but there are some bright, grippable toys that he's had a lot of fun with. A couple make noises and have flashing lights, but he really liked the mirror with handles that are just his size.

This next picture shows my favorite part of the outfit. Ha ha ha. I love how they are putting fun pictures on baby bottoms nowadays.
I finally got Giddy into a BYU outfit!! The next step is to get him into the football pads...
This picture was taken back at the beginning of April. Since we had some spotty snowstorms, we were able to put this cute little number on Gideon. The added bonus was that he was so warm and cozy it would put him right to sleep. It's like the miracle outfit!
Speaking of sleeping, Gideon is sleeping eight hours through the night in his own crib in the room next to ours. It made me kind of sad to put him so far away, but now Nate gets up with him all the time because he's too far away to wake me up as easily. I am thoroughly enjoying the extra sleep. Next time I post I'll be able to give you his new measurements and weight. YAY!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

He's getting huge! I love how adorable and cuddly he looks. Congratulations on sleep!

Adrian said...

haha! Love the Easter outfit. Especially the pants! Such a cutie!