Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Livelihoods and Lollipops


On a recent assessment of my scholastic standing, I have discovered that I am halfway to a degree in Business and halfway through pre-requisites for pharmacy school. Nate's about 1/16 of the way through his pharmacy pre-reqs so I thought, what the heck? I might as well double major in business AND biochemistry while I wait for him to catch up. LoL. It's not as impressive as it sounds, believe me. I'm only taking two to three classes per semester while I'm working, and it will take me three years at that rate, but it's still exciting to know that I'm halfway on my way to doing something useful.

Nate has had a hard time finding a job here in Salt Lake. Today he was going around to see about possibly donating plasma to earn some money and not feel lazy (although, technically it is still lazy to lie down and donate blood for a livelihood, but at least he'll get a cookie and some dough. LoL). Our budget has been pretty tight, but mostly because I refuse to live off of chicken noodle soup, ramen and pancakes. I gotsta have some meat and corn in theres somewheres.

Speaking of food, I have become obsessed with it ever since I entered wedded bliss. For people that are on a tight budget and little time, I HAVE to give my recommendation for KraftFoods.com. Under the "Living on a Budget" section, they have something called 1 bag, 5 dinners. It gives you a shopping list of items that should fit into 1-2 grocery bags and recipes for 5 dinners that can be made using the ingredients you just bought. I love that it does all the planning for me and I only have to go grocery shopping once a week. They even have a Healthy Living section with recipes that are under 400 calories per serving. And, the best part, each of the recipes takes less than 15 minutes of prep time. Seriously, this website was made for me.

Lastly, we finally got our wedding pictures and they look awesome!! Nate and I were laughing and reliving that day all over again. I plan to make them into one of those snazzy coffee table books to match the guestbook and the photobook Kristen made me that are currently on our coffee table. Anyway, if anyone wants to see the pictures and is in town, you're more than welcome to drop by and take a gander at our wedding awesomeness.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Your blog is so cute! I can't remember if I already told you that or not. Isn't being married just great!?

kris said...

sounds like married life is good. Love you~