Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Serious Post

I haven't really made this public, but I really want to share the experiences that Nate and I have been having lately and what I've gained from it.

At the beginning of December Nate and I found out that we were pregnant and we were so excited. A couple of weeks ago, we found out that we no longer are and as much joy as we felt before, that was the amount and disappointment and pain we felt after. It didn't help that they had to give me some medication that my body didn't like and I ended up in the Emergency Room for an evening. It was a very tough week for Nate and I. Probably the toughest that I have ever had.

BUT with all the hardships that we've had lately, I've never appreciated Nate more. He spent every free minute he had worrying about me and doing things to make me more comfortable. It seems weird to say now, but I'm so grateful that it all happened because it is the first time I've had a really really hard trial and had someone right there going through it also. It has made marriage so much more amazing for me. It's always been awesome, but now that I know what it's like to have a shared life-changing experience with someone and I couldn't be more grateful to have Nate be that someone.

We had Nate's sister-in-law and her friend come stay with us for the last two days. At one point the friend told us that she when she got married, she wanted a marriage like mine and Nate's. You know what my thought was? I do, too!

5 comments:

kris said...

Wow. I hope you are doing better. We love you guys.

Trish said...

It's a hard thing to go through. We all have our unique challenges that will bless us all for the better in ways we never could have realized previously. You are doing great! This too shall pass. :)

Carissa said...

what a hard thing to go through! glad you have nate to take care of you :)

Crystal-lynn said...

Wow. Ashley, I'm so glad you have Nate! I'm grateful to you too, for sharing something that's difficult, & the insights & amazing things you found in that experience. You truly are amazing!

Bethany said...

I love you both so much Ash. Really really alot.