
Last weekend Nate and I took a road trip down to SoCal because I've been really really busy and I was getting stressed. So even though we had little money (which turned to none by the time we got back), and little time, we still went. Who knows how long we'll have to spontaneously impoverish ourselves? We stayed with Keely the Rockstar and her two roommates who were awesome^2.
Keely the Rockstar took us to Disneyland and within a day we rode every ride we wanted to and half of the ones at California Adventure Park. I totally loved the Pirates of the Caribbean with the new Jack Sparrow additions, Peter Pan ride made me feel whimsical, and the Tower of Terror ride is THE. BEST. RIDE. EVER. And the firework show at the end of the day almost made me cry.
Unfortunately when we got there we had forgotten our money in our car and had to borrow some from Keely and realized we left the memory card for our camera in Utah. So we have one picture on our camera's internal memory but no card to upload it to our computer. BUT we did run into my friend Amber while we were there and she took a picture so I have proof we went, hahahahaha! It pays to have a lot of friends that you could randomly run into at times when you don't have a camera at Disneyland.
Also, Sunday was spent on the beach. Every Sunday should be spent on the beach. Why did I come back?
In short, last weekend rocked. As for family updates, Nate was awarded a SLCC scholarship to attend The LeaderShape Institute. It's a national leadership conference that takes place at a mansion in Champaign, Illinois with students all over the United States. I went in 2004 and made some really good friends from Detroit, Boston, Chicago, and Richmond. It also was life-changing experience for me and I learned a lot about myself and what qualities I admire and detest in others. I'm really excited for him to go. As for me, I've submitted my application for the Bachelor's in Business Administration at Westminster College and should be hearing back from them any day now. Cross your fingers!!!
2 comments:
my favorite ride is space mountain.
good luck with Wstminster, that's great!
I Love d-land.
And thank you for the inspiration on the bb gun. He truly was envious of Jake Christmas morning.
Post a Comment