I have had a crazy-wavy-topsy-turvy-oopsa-daisy week. But as I was driving today I started pondering on how my life has gotten to this point, and I am glad to say that I can attribute most of my happiness to my husband, Nathan. I know most people want to know how a couple met, their first date, or how he proposed, but I think the real story of the Sokia-Gordon merger lies in the reason why I decided to marry him.
The reason I decided to date him was because of his sense of humor. He was and is still hilarious. But that's how I decided to date every guy I've dated. It was about three weeks into dating him that I really considered that this was something that could go somewhere. One night we were talking on the phone and I randomly asked him if he'd ever thought of names for his children, and to my surprise, he had. We talked about it and within a half an hour we had chosen the name of our first girl if we were to ever have one.
That was only the first of many indicators that Nate not only wanted to be a father, it was his life goal. Everything else he has planned for his life revolves around it and I know that he would be willing to make any sacrifice to be an amazing father. Even when I had my doubts about marrying him leading up to the wedding, they were always overridden by the fact that I wanted him to be the father of my children.
As excited as I am for the birth of my first child, I am even more excited for Nate to finally be a dad. I know that all of us here have a special purpose as parents, but I know that Nate understands and relishes that purpose more deeply and with more reverence than anyone else I have ever known. I am so grateful that he will be my companion in this crazy new adventure.
1 comment:
I agree--it's hard to say no to a man who is great with kids. You two will make awesome parents!
Post a Comment