Those of you who know me KNOW that I like to have fun and I'm rarely without something to do on a Saturday night. OK, I did have plans last night but I stayed home and to plan my lesson for Sunday School. I read through the lesson earlier and had been thinking about it for most of the week which usually means I only need an hour to put everything together. Well, for whatever reason it took me 4 hours to put my lesson together and it wasn't at all going where a normal lesson about the Sabbath Day was going. But I got to Sunday School and there was one young man in the room that's countenance kept getting brighter and brighter. So often, I teach to whole rooms that you can feel that they're understanding, but this lesson today was purely for this one guy. I found out in testimony meeting that he had his aunt pass away last week. It was the first death he's really experienced that was someone so close. My whole lesson was based on how the Sabbath was moved to Sunday in recognition of the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and I read "Sunday Will Come" by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. The Spirit in that room from that one person totally amazed me. I'm so glad the Spirit led me to such a great experience today. I've never recognized a lesson being so directed before.
I hope each of you have had a Sabbath where you've been able to feel a spiritual resurrection within yourselves. A new chance to repent and start over for the coming week and it's trouble.
2 comments:
I'm glad it went well today. sorry we couldn't hang out after all last night. Love you!
Awesome story! That talk by Elder Wirthlin was given the week before my gra'ma died during the mish and it gave me a lot of strength I needed. Good job following the Spirit! The Lord needs more teachers like you!
Post a Comment