I was invited to an Social Commerce Exchange event tonight on campus about professional blogging. Not that I have any plans to become a professional blogger, I'm just a networking junkie. Anyway, I was sitting there listening to a presentation on blogging trends when a few rows down from me I saw a man get up and walk out. A man with one leg. The man with one leg who broke my heart in high school and the last time I had contact with him was a month after he moved to Washington when he told me over MSN messenger that it was all my fault he had no friends.
I'll admit it, my heart started racing. I had the sudden urge to follow him out into the hall and ask him what the heck his problem was 10 years ago when he decided that he was going to make me feel worthless when I was nothing but a completely devoted friend. The 17-year-old me that took months to heal wanted answers, gosh darnit! But 27-year old me kept in my seat, calmed down and went back to taking notes. Then she thought about how lucky she was to be going home to an adorable 1-year-old and handsome husband. And then 27-year-old me let it go.
No comments:
Post a Comment