Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Child Care Conference

October is always a crazy month because I head the Utah Child Care Professional Development Conference and that means planning classes, food, vendors, keynotes, registration, and details for almost a thousand child care providers every year. This year had some extra challenges as I had four new committee members that started out late and had to be trained. Luckily, some of them were absolutely fantastic, but some of them gave me more heartburn than my impending baby. But everything came together and things went off with barely a hitch.


Talisha volunteered to teach a class on children's nutrition and she did such an awesome job.

There were almost 70 classes that were offered for providers to attend throughout the day.

This event also marked my last day at CCPDI. It's been a lot of fun, but I am excited to move on to another job. It's still at SLCC, but now I will be the Training Coordinator for the new Smart Grid Technology program that we will start offering next year. It's funded by an ARRA grant that I helped apply for last November. It'll be a wonderful opportunity to add to my educational programming skill set.

No comments: