On top of that busy day, my grandparents' had someone come put a hole in one of their windows that night. My brother drove up in the middle of the night and put up some plastic to cover it up. The thing that astounds me, though, is that the next day a group of teenagers came by to apologize and the parents of the kid who did it have offered to fix the window. I still can't believe that they were able to get it all resolved and do it so quickly. It was just an example to me of how a community should work, with everyone taking responsibility for their actions.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
WE MOVED!!!
Nate and I are now living in the Holladay portion of Salt Lake City. It's about 2 minutes away from my grandparents' house and it's four times the size of our last place. I'm mostly excited to have somewhere to put the baby AND not have to worry about neighbors living on all sides of us. We have yet to unpack any boxes, but I have to say that my family was extremely impressive in getting us moved all by themselves. Kini and Craig came all the way up from Fremont and spent Friday and Saturday packing up the boxes, and Carl volunteered his truck to move all of our big furniture and using his master Tetris skills, he and dad managed to get all of it to the new place in only two trips. In the rain. On Halloween. It was amazing. And then mom was called in to move our massive Cathode Ray monstrosity. I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am and how guilty I feel that I couldn't help more with the move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment