Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reception at WHEELER FARM!!!

Wow. Work was booooooring today. Good thing Mom and Grandpa came to the rescue with WEDDING PLANS. My grandfather had personally taken it upon himself to find me a reception venue for my wedding. He suggested the Lions Club Park (which I thought was an awesome idea), he checked on some of his stake's property (which was also an awesome idea) and yesterday he firmly decided that it was going to be at the pavilion at Wheeler Farm (still an awesome idea). So my mom started doing the legwork and 5 phone calls and negotiations with my fiance, we put in the paperwork for the Activity Barn on June 27th. It's an AMAZING location, I'm totally stoked. The thing is, that is one week later than we were planning on having the Salt Lake reception since we're scheduled to be married on June 19th. I don't want to move the day since we have the temple and my mission president already set. But with so many family members out of town coming in, I want them to be there for the big reception with all the food my Aunties have cooked. So, that's the current predicament. A few more phone calls and some prayers and I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

No comments: