
Went to San Francisco this weekend with my fiance and his brother and his brother's friend. I'm still dead tired from the 17hour drive home because of bad weather and closed canyons (Nate didn't get home until 25hours after we left SF and then STILL had to go to work, poor thing).
Before I left, I made my first venture into the world of wedding dresses. Can I tell you that's been my biggest fear? I went to Mary's Bridal over on Highland Drive and had a gander at their stock. A couple of things I learned:
-I am not as large a size as I thought I was (YES!!)
-A starch white dress is NOT becoming on me, but the Ivory color looks HAWT!
-Lace-ups make your body look AMAZING.
-Lace on an ivory dress will probably not show up very well in pictures so I'll probably want to go with some sort of beading.
-Short sleeves, thumbs up.
-I have to keep in mind that the end of June is going to be blazing hot so pay attention to how heavy the material is.
I did find a pretty awesome dress. I'm going to go shopping some more this weekend because I'm going to need to find a dress soon to have time for alterations or shipping.
I've also started organizing all the junk/stuff/adverts from the bridal shows I went to and will be selecting a cake and flower place. Nate and I still haven't come to terms about him having groomsmen, but I'm pretty set on it. AND I need to make an appointment for engagement pics at the end of this month. I won some packages that I'm going to take advantage of and see how they turn out.
And lastly, I turned in my passport application yesterday. My picture TOTALLY looks like a mug shot, but I thought it would be funny for the next ten years to see it.
2 comments:
I remember I had the same fear of wedding dresses. My biggest worry was that I would look at our wedding pictures 10 years down the road and think, "what was I thinking!" ha ha I still might. Who knows. At least I am not saying it after 3. :) I can't wait to see the dress!
I went everywhere for a wedding dress back in the day! I finally settled on gowns by pamela. They have gorgeous two piece dresses that you can rent (or buy) for a lot cheaper than buying a dress you are never going to wear again! I totally recommend them if you haven't already found the perfect one!
Post a Comment