I am saddened that you do not write funny quips and stories on your blog anymore since you seem to think your funny bone is broken (although it is NOT) so I thought I'd give you something to respond to. This blog entry is just for you (and the other three people that read my blog can share in the fun).
I recently read the book The Five Love Languanges and let me tell you, I am a FANTASTIC lover...in that I know how to speak all five. It's quite interesting. The proposal is that there are 5 ways in which people communicate or understand love: Quality Time, Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, and Recieving Gifts. My first language is Quality Time, which is easily detected in the fact that I will take the most random road trips to see the people I love (including you!) Of course, it can't be just time together, it has to be UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. I'm an attention whore. I know it, you know it. Let's move on. Which do you think is YOUR love language? And chocolate doesn't count. Unless it's in soap form.
I was just thinking about a couple of years ago when we went to San Diego with Kristen to Wendy's wedding. That was so much fun! I still love the swimming suit I ended up getting at Target. And you being typical Kristine were wanting a swimming suit that was functional for swimming laps instead of just being cute. Silly girl. Always wanting to be practical. That was good times in SoCal. And remember getting lost and somehow repeatedly ending up where we had started? LoL. Who needs GPS when you can play Automobile Hide-and-Go-Seek with yourself?
Ah, I should probably get back to, ya know, work or something like that. It's actually been pretty busy the last couple of weeks and just now is starting to slow down. We should get together and do something soon. In the meantime, if you need a laugh, go to Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About. It makes me so excited to start blogging about stuff Nate and I will argue about after we get married.
Ta-ta for now!
Ashley
P.S. If you would like to read Kristine's response, click here.
3 comments:
I think we should take another trip to San Diego... so we can all get some quality time in. (and yes I am butting in even though I wasn't the subject of this blog)
Ashley, I love reading your blog! AND I love that book! It's been a while since I read it, but it's SO interesting & important, I think.
I love when you came to AZ to visit, even thought I was insane busy & couldn't give you ANY undivided attention. :(
When do I get my own personalized letter on your blog? Or are these letters addressed to a fictitious person, meant to give me a laugh. I just read the title and think that it wasn't meant for me. I'm confused.
Post a Comment